Thursday, July 22, 2010

You can get it if you really Want it

Time...is on my side...
Life passes by and for some people it sort of stays the same. Nothing exciting happens and there are no improvements. Other people have experiences where things get better and better. They are catching up with who they really are in life. And, as life continues, we want new and different things. We can go on living stuck in some sort of old way of existing, something that maybe never worked for us, or used to work but now doesn't any more. Or, we can take those small actions every day to eventually get to the place we want to be.
One of my goals is to be more positive about the future and to forget the past. This is basically about living in the present. I find that the number one thing that leads to this sort of mindset is a daily practice of yoga, running helps too, but yoga followed by a solid meditation takes me to a state of bliss pretty fast.
Another thing I want to do is to develop my skills in making videos, and promoting ideas. Often I have gotten ahead of myself, and I want things to happen today, yesterday, a year ago. This is counterproductive because that distracts me from just going out and getting it done in this moment. But taking those steps lead to getting what you want.
This involves:
Having a regular schedule of developing creative projects.
Identifying and meeting people who would be good to work with.
Planning out my days.
Volunteering my time to things that I would like to be involved with.
Developing my skills by practicing what I love.
Hanging out with friends who share similar visions and can support me in that vision.

Think about it in this way, if anyone can apply certain principles and accomplish their goals, than any one can. Often times, the problem is that people have a difficult time figuring out how to make it best work for them. This is why it is good to have another person like a coach to help them transition to this new way of doing things. A coach can offer feedback and advice from a different perspective, so that you can know the best way for you to achieve your goals.
The daily practice of life helps out too. I got a degree in communication because I thought that it would be more about applying principles of better communication. It did address this to an extent, but it was mainly from a theoretical perspective rather than from a practical perspective. So, although I can identify the name of my particular brand of awkwardness, I still have not gotten over it. I guess that this is something I have to work on myself.
Through a steady practice of living life, it all can be accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment