Saturday, July 24, 2010

keep on in the now

The Past. That is all it is. Everything that happened, the photos, the writing. It's all in the past.
I have all of these photos and videos of things that happened 10 years ago, and I am all thinking about ways of getting them out. Like these were my apex of creativity. But that is not true at all. I realize that I have to keep on making new media. I have to stay current with my surroundings. Otherwise, I will always be holding onto a shred of media that is nothing more than particles of ink on paper, magnetic particles on a tape that are a representation of something that happened so long ago. And then what? And now what?
As I continue to let go of old stuff, old beliefs, ways of living, I am becoming aware of what is left. It really is just right now. This is what I have. I can continue to make new things, and be in this moment, making new media. That too is a part of a past. Eventually.
This is the human condition. What have you done lately? It is about keeping on in this moment and enjoying that process. It all is a process. New and exciting things lie ahead in the world. In my life. Of course  I love what I have created and captured so far, but it is time to move on to new and bigger and better things. I already realize that old tv shows and movies hold little allure for me. I don't care to watch re-runs of old TV shows that I used to like. That was then. I always try to mine ideas out of old things, but, really I want to create new things.
It seems like these old things were so much more significant in my life, but I realize that this was simply because these things were novel. And I had a better camera-for the time. It is like now, with everything being so accessible, it all becomes cheapened. Just another digital binary code posted up on the internet. But I realize that even when I look at things that happened after this digital revolution, I am still enamored with it, simply based on the amount of time that has passed. It is merely a perception on my part. The only remedy is to live totally presently, so that those feelings I had about the past are moved into the present moment.
It is like how we forget all of the crummy things that we were feeling in a moment, and remember the essence of the moment, what was good. I want to be living in my day to day moment with that feeling of essence. Of authenticity.
I know how to be a part of that feeling good place. It is about living life as closely to my ideal as I can. This is not difficult, but I get these ideas that it is.
It comes down to connecting with the source of who I am on a regular basis. As I am going on in my life, baggage attaches to me and I am carrying it with me, clouding my perceptions. But I am letting it go. Because, really none of it does me any good. In fact, it does harm.
I just got rid of a bunch of stuff that I was holding onto. It was liberating to get rid of it all. Stuff gets in the way of living life. It gets in the way of moving forward.
I think of that part in that dumb movie Encino Man, where the caveman says in Spanish, "the cheese is old and moldy" then the Latino guy says something like, you're right I need to move on. Dumb Hollywood jokes aside, it's about getting over it all, and living for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment