Tuesday, July 27, 2010

operating in the universe

How do people relate to the world around them? This is a question that I have had for awhile. I mean, for success. I think of success as how we live our lives well. It does not necessarily mean how much money one makes. But how does one live their life in a way that best suits them. I have spent a lot of time wondering how I relate to this world. Like what I should do.
This is what I am realizing. I have been really distracted in my life. And I have been really afraid to take risks. I've been generally unhappy and clueless as to who I am and what I really want out of life. This has led to me just scraping by, surviving, feeling like I don't really belong in this world at all.
I spend time hoping that things can change somehow. But I am realizing that that old adage-the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. My life cycles in ways that  have felt like they were spiraling out of my control. External locus of control.
I might not be able to manifest money out of thin air, but I do have an idea of how to live my life in a way that works and creates a really solid existence.
These are the classic principles of a good life. I think of creating and having a really solid community is a pretty good start. Being a person about town.  I never did get that whole "hide away from the rest of the world" thing that some people have. Like they are wary of other people and don't trust anyone. Weird.
Your community is your support network, its where you meet new people, make connections, find collaborators. Its a lot of fun to meet people and do things together. Thats what people do.
Taking risks is one thing that the universe has been telling me to do for a long time too. That fear of taking risks has led me to be very unhappy. Of course, I have taken risks, like being homeless for several months, or moving to a new city without knowing anyone, but I am discovering that it is more about the little risks. Things like just asking for what I want in life, saying hi to that stranger, putting myself out there in some way through music, art, or film.
I have to follow a plan of action, otherwise I will just spiral off into the world and not get much accomplished.
The Universe has let me know that this is how I thrive in the world. My job is to trust this information and act in accordance with it. Many people don't reach this level of self knowledge, so I am very fortunate in this regard. Of course I asked for it. I wanted this knowledge, because I realized that if I didn't follow who I really am, I don't think that my life would be much worth living.

No comments:

Post a Comment