Saturday, July 24, 2010

Some ideas for a career

So, I keep on hearing about this shrinking middle class thing. Okay, so like, are we all going to become a nation of serfs or what?
I have always been kind of annoyed with the middle class because of their sort of conspicuous consumption. My friend from Serbia said that the shrinking middle class will make people normal, in the sense that people are going to stop buying all of this dumb shit that is leading to our resources being totally depleted. But, here I am, just graduated, and I am ready to make more than ten thousand dollars a year. You know, so that I can not be living like a miser the rest of my life, know what I fucking mean? But now I find that I should have done my homework. So, as I have been going to school, I have found out the way that I want to make a living, and I discover that it is the same way that I always wanted to live my life, to be an adventurer, to actually Live-with a capital L.
Many ideas flow through me. One thing is to be a life coach, a yoga teacher, a film maker, hypnotherapist, media creator, and any and all such similar things. Then I think to myself, well, if there is no middle class to pay for my services, then what good is it to have these skills? But I have to figure that it is not going to be quite as bad as the pessimists say. Also, I figure that what is important is that I figure that these are tradable skills across the board. So, I can trade my services for other services. Lets just take money out of the equation.
I really want to help my family out though, although it seems that they have a tendency to take care of themselves in many ways. I am the one who seems to be having the trouble with making the finances come together. But it would be nice to pay for a plane ticket for them to come out and visit me. Even when I worked at 5.50 and hour or 7 an hour, I was often able to take  care of my needs in a pretty good way. The only trouble was my sort of lack of direction that I had. But now I have the advantage of having a better understanding of what direction I am going in.
I figure that with time and the right choices, I can make all of things happen that I want to have happen. I think of the jobs that I might have to get. Well, none of them are permanent by any means. So, it may be a path, transitioning from one experience to the other. I have been through this all before. I pretty much know how it all works. No point being bummed out about it all because I know that I can make just about anything happen with time and the right attitude. Who knows how long it will take. It could start looking up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment