Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Mission statements and vision goals

I have generally viewed personal mission statements as cheezy, but they are really useful in remembering what my goals are. These are important in a world that has so much stimuli coming at you at every direction. Especially when you are not always in a solid community that continues to remind you of your values.
Some Values:
Learning, freedom, unlearning, authenticity, being true to oneself, finding who one really is, love,

My mission is to promote the physical, emotional, and spiritual well being of myself and the world(this includes the Earth, living beings, other people) through my day to day interactions, to the best of my abilities. An Interconnectedness model.
This can be brought about through different models. For example, if I can't directly do this type of work through my job, then I may have to just do it through my existence in the world. This is through my interactions with others and myself. Sometimes I just have to exist in this world in a way that I can be myself and take care.

As far as making a living is concerned, I am interested in a lot of different ideas. Like I want to have the flexibility to be going places and taking time off from work to be living in a way that really nurtures my soul. Like I really want to be able to go to the bay area, go to the southwest and either work from there.

The trajectory of time and energy.
We live in a world of endless possibilities. The sooner we get out there and do the things that bring us the most joy, the sooner we tap into the world of possibilities. I guess that in reality, there are always options. But as time rolls on,  we continue to be making the best choices that lead to our eventual getting what we want.  Think of it in terms of what are the best possible outcomes for certain circumstances. There are always ways of addressing things that work out better for us. Usually when we are happy and feeling good, things work out better for us. It is an energy thing. But at the same time, when we are feeling good, we are more closely tuned into the higher power which can give us guidance in our daily situations. Also, when we are feeling good, the same circumstances can be joyful as opposed to burdensome.
Sometimes I get into the trap of thinking to myself, "Well, I was in a good mood yesterday and I didn't have all of my dreams fulfilled!" So, then I get all down on the whole mindset that says that we can get what we want when we are happy. But I realize that this is a life process. The thing is, when we are feeling good, and we do the things that bring us the most joy, when we take the time to align, we get out there and we shake it up with the world. And when we shake it up, we meet people and do what we want.
I think of it in terms of like how we act and the energy that we attract when we are feeling good versus how we act and vibrate when we are feeling bummed. We are shaking it up in the world and our good energy draws others to us.
My true bliss in the world is to be doing something creative and productive. This is when I am most satisfied in life. Sort of circulating, or regurgitating info, while at one time had its place in my life, is not bringing me joy anymore. My true bliss AT THIS MOMENT is to be fulfilling my very basic calling to get out in the world and connect and be a participant in life with out any complaint, with joy and enthusiasm.
Things that are bringing me joy is getting out and making things happen in my life. Joy is in creating things and then putting them out there. Joy is in meeting people and connecting in different events. Joy is in making money to live off of. Joy is in meeting people and going on dates.  My life is calling me to be a lot bolder in how  I interact with others and my surroundings. This an idea in which the time has come.  I can feel it in my body, because when I take those steps to make things happen my body feels lighter, my mind feels more elated. And in my life, when I take these steps, the world responds in a way that tells me that it is a universal thumbs up. I get what I want, people respond kindly, openly, or at worst, indifferently. Life is too short to stand on the edge and wonder what if... or, if only...
I have been trying to feel life out by randomly riding my bike, and then getting a feel for which way I should go. This method has produced nothing in terms of finding favorable situations. But I do realize that I am following a different system. I am feeling for what places, people, activities, and situations feel good. This makes more sense. I have had a bit of trouble with trusting that method because, although I have encountered pleasurable situations, I have not had success with finding the things I truly wanted in life. I realize that what the issue was, was that I had really sloppy energy surrounding certain issues and that kept me from getting what I wanted. So, I had to clean up my energy in order to clear those blocks. It comes down to not taking things so personally in life. Also, it involves a little bit of a strategy to get out there. But gotta remember to take the time to align. For me, this involves some mental processes, but the one best way is through yoga.
If not now, then later. When we keep our eyes on the prize and persevere, we can get what we want. This really involves our energy. It seems to be this big myth that people are stuck in a certain way in their world. It is such a simple idea that individuals can change in their lives and move up into the life that they want to be living. It seems that people I have known seem so attached to the idea that we are stuck in this crappy life and cannot escape it. I don't get it at all.
Although there are a lot of negative people in the world, even they get what they want sometimes. Although it might not always be the greatest in the world.
Taking time to align helps you to get what you truly need and want, as opposed to false starts and things that end up in disaster. I can want a great boyfriend, and meet someone who is cute, but it could end in some bad way, and I realize that I needed to give more to myself in terms of positive thinking.


An aside:
Does one find who they truly are, or do they create who they truly are?  I am in the camp of believing that we are our authentic selves from the beginning, and over time, through living in society and the process of socialization we are crowding out our authentic selves with this whole mess of ego and identity that becomes our outward self.
Through the process of unlearning, we slowly chip away the ego self, or as Eckhart Tolle calls it, The pain-body until what remains is the authentic self. We may have created a life for ourselves, but we are really manifesting who we truly are into the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment