Saturday, October 10, 2009

Do you like to party?


"You guys like to party?" -That all depends on what you mean by "party." That question has always mystified me because I never know what someone means by "party" and I have usually been afraid to ask. 

When someone asks me that who is missing teeth, sitting at the bus stop with a bottle in a brown bag, I think that their version of "to party" might be a little rougher and a little more "hearty" than how I like to party.

I always thought that party could include lots of things, like going camping, climbing a mountain with a group of people...a protest...these are all forms of parties, talking philosophy, thats a party, making dinner, thats a dinner party. Life is a party. Or, as Auntie Mame said, "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!"

Making music is a party, doing yoga, while not a party has been much more fun than many, many parties that I have been to. So, yes, I like to party.

No comments:

Post a Comment